Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Sprue Posse outcome and overview:


So now that the dust has settled from the Sprue Posse tournament I think doing as well as I did and being the only Eldar player there deserves some measure of celebration. I ended up with a 3-1-1 score and was in a 4 way tie for 3rd  but after tie-breakers I got nudged into 5th place. The competition was fierce as several people with top 10 rankings from http://www.rankingshq.com/  were there amongst other internet big shots from Dakka Dakka.

The Eldar war machine:

My Eldar army

With all of that said, I don't think I played a single bad player and I had a lot of fun, challenging games so the thing to do coming out of an event like this is to see how you can improve your game. For me, I learned more about how to play certain units better and I have some ideas on how to change the army list around a bit for more of a fun and competitive edge. Specifically, I found that putting my Autarchs with my Guardian Jetbike units made me play too aggressively with my GJBs so I put them in needless danger so I am thinking of adding a unit of Shining Spears in there somewhere/somehow and seeing how they do. I also scored relatively low on sportsmanship so I want to work on that aspect of my game and this is probably because I can be quite the rules lawyer at times.

Breakdown of games/opponents and tournament results:




I will post battle reports of my tournament games but for now:
-First game was against SW. Mission: KP-win
-Second game was against Nids. Mission: Capture and Control-win
-Third game was against IG. Mission: 5 objective Seize Ground-win
-Fourth game was against SW. Mission: KP -loss
-Fifth and final game was against SW. Mission: 3 objective Seize Ground-tie

The tournament had 6 spacewolves, 3 Orks, 3 Dark Eldar, 2 Space Marines, 2 Tyranids, 1 Dark Angels, 1 IG, 1 Chaos Demons, 1 CSM, 1 Eldar.

The top finishers were Nurgle CSM in first, Hydra/Chimera IG in second, Wolfstar SW in third, Razorback/missile spam SW in fourth, Jetbike Eldar in fifth and another Wolfstar SW army in 6th.

Check out  http://www.chaoswins.com/  for full coverage of the event and if anyone is local, go to their events!

No comments:

Post a Comment